SABRE Wiki - how do I?

Found anything interesting on "The Roader's Digest" - the SABRE Wiki? Talk about articles in here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Steven
SABRE Maps Coordinator

SABRE Wiki - how do I?

Post by Steven »

So, the SABRE Wiki...

There is lots of very useful information on there already, but we need YOUR help in making it even better!

So, where do you start? Well, here is a bunch of useful resources to help you get started: So, what else would you like to know? What are your barriers to adding things on there? How would you like that information delivered?

Please ask any and all general questions on the SABRE Wiki by using this thread.
Steven
Motorway Historian

Founder Member, SABRE ex-Presidents' Corner

Add your roads knowledge to the SABRE Wiki today!
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Try getting involved!

From the SABRE Wiki: Help :

REDIRECTHelp:Contents

... Read More
crb11

Re: SABRE Wiki - how do I?

Post by crb11 »

Is there a sensible place to report errors (or possible errors) on the wiki that you don't have the time or knowledge to fix yourself?

For instance: I've just spotted that the list of longest A roads in the UK contains the A90 twice (at 178 and 148 miles), but I don't know whether this is just a duplication, or one of those is a typo for some other road. It would take me a while to check this, but someone more familiar with Scottish roads would probably know if one of the longer ones was missing straight away. If it was Wikipedia I'd put a note on the talk page and someone else would look at it before too long, but I don't know if anyone tracks them here.
[real name Colin]
M4Simon
Elected Committee Member

Post by M4Simon »

Is it worth moving this to B&I Roads? Or posting a mirror topic there that links to this one?

Simon
Did you know there's more to SABRE than just the Forums?

Please contact me if you want to know more
Steven
SABRE Maps Coordinator

Post by Steven »

crb11 wrote:Is there a sensible place to report errors (or possible errors) on the wiki that you don't have the time or knowledge to fix yourself?
You can add the Please Update template to the top of articles. Is that what you mean?
Steven
Motorway Historian

Founder Member, SABRE ex-Presidents' Corner

From the SABRE Wiki: Template :
... Read More
crb11

Post by crb11 »

Steven wrote:
crb11 wrote:Is there a sensible place to report errors (or possible errors) on the wiki that you don't have the time or knowledge to fix yourself?
You can add the Please Update template to the top of articles. Is that what you mean?
Exactly, thanks. I've added this information to the Help:Contents page, as well as putting a note on the problem page.
[real name Colin]

From the SABRE Wiki: Template :
... Read More
c2R
SABRE Wiki admin

Post by c2R »

With the shift away from scheme updates in member sites such as roads.org.uk, if there are road schemes happening near you, please help us to keep our wiki up to date by adding details about these schemes to our forums and wiki.

You can:
* create a scheme thread in the forums to track progress - for example, this one on the Lincoln Eastern Bypass: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20790
* create or update a scheme page on the wiki to collect and collate information about a scheme - for example, this one on the Newark Southern Link Road: https://www.sabre-roads.org.uk/wiki/ind ... _Link_Road
* add a link to a Youtube video showing a scheme flythrough - such as this one for Simister Island https://www.sabre-roads.org.uk/wiki/ind ... n_Option_2
* add project or proposal source materials and consultation documents to archive.org so that we have them to refer back to in future - some examples in the links on this scheme page: https://www.sabre-roads.org.uk/wiki/ind ... heme#Links

I'm available to answer any questions or support you to get started in doing this - and the good thing about the wiki is that you can just get stuck in - we can add the templates and structure to pages for you if it all seems a bit daunting - it's the content that's the important thing.

Feel free to ask for help, or just get stuck in and we're on hand to offer any advice and guidance that you may need!
Is there a road improvement project going on near you? Help us to document it on the SABRE Wiki - help is available in the Digest forum.
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Get involved! - see our guide to scanning and stitching maps

From the SABRE Wiki: Newark Southern Link Road :

The Newark Southern Link Road is a new distributor road to the south of Newark. It links the A46 and A1 at Balderton Interchange.

It is expected to cost around £47m and includes a new crossing of the River Devon. It is due to be completed by March 2020 and will, when complete open up 278ha of land to new development

The relief road is being built in three phases:

• Phase I - central stretch of road between Staple Lane and Bowbridge Lane (opened in late 2016)
  • Phase
... Read More