A31

Found anything interesting on "The Roader's Digest" - the SABRE Wiki? Talk about articles in here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Chris Bertram

A31

Post by Chris Bertram »

Probably a minor quibble, but the article on the A31, while rightly describing the road in two parts, suggests that the second part follows on from the M27 at Cadnam. It's true that the motorway freeflows into the A31, but there is a short section of A31 on the maps between A36 at Ower and the end of motorway at Cadnam that parallels the M27. Has this been downgraded?
“The quality of any advice anybody has to offer has to be judged against the quality of life they actually lead.” - Douglas Adams.

Did you know there's more to SABRE than just the Forums?
Add your roads knowledge to the SABRE Wiki today!
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Try getting involved!
ForestChav
SABRE Developer

Re: A31

Post by ForestChav »

It hasn't on my (last year) digital OS maps, so it's probably just an omission.
C, E flat and G go into a bar. The barman says "sorry, we don't serve minors". So E flat walks off, leaving C and G to share an open fifth between them.

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Johnathan404

Post by Johnathan404 »

Definitely signed as the A31 from the A36.
I have websites about: motorway services | Fareham
andrewwoods

Post by andrewwoods »

I went home that way yesterday and checked. It also allowed me to miss the queue at the end of the M27 where it goes from 3 to 2 lanes.

I've amended the wiki.
Andrew
Owain
Elected Committee Member

Post by Owain »

It is definitely still A31. A couple of months ago I took the trouble to drive it so that I could add it to the list of 'roads I've driven in their entirety'.

However, then I noticed that A31 still runs into the centre of Guildford - a part I have not driven - so I had to remove it from my list again. :@
Former President & F99 Driver

Viva la Repubblica!
Micro The Maniac

Post by Micro The Maniac »

As a periodic update, it is most definitely still the A31 from the A36 loop, to the end of the M27 and onwards through the new forest.