A5 A41 roundabout Shropshire

Found anything interesting on "The Roader's Digest" - the SABRE Wiki? Talk about articles in here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Truvelo

A5 A41 roundabout Shropshire

Post by Truvelo »

Does anyone know if this junction has a name? I'd like to create an article as I have some interesting stuff.
How would you like your grade separations, Sir?
Big and complex.
rileyrob

Re: A5 A41 roundabout Shropshire

Post by rileyrob »

I did a search for Weston under lizard roundabout and came up with an article from a Staffordshire newsletter naming it Pickmere Rondabout. Sorry, page keeps crashing on iPad so can't copy URL.
Rob.
My mission is to travel every road and visit every town, village and hamlet in the British Isles.
I don't like thinking about how badly I am doing.
Truvelo

Post by Truvelo »

Excellent, Pickmere Roundabout yields several results. Now I can get on with drawing the planned GSJ's.
Big and complex.
stevepuma

Post by stevepuma »

Looking forward to the Pickmere Spaghetti Junction Expressway solution soon then.... :D
Truvelo

Post by Truvelo »

Big and complex.

From the SABRE Wiki: Pickmere Roundabout :

Pickmere Roundabout is the roundabout junction between A5 and A41 to the northwest of Wolverhampton and the east of Telford on the border of Staffordshire and Shropshire.

There was originally a crossroads until the current roundabout was built in the early 1960s. It remains unchanged and at the time of writing still retains its streetlighting columns which appear to be nearly as old.

Early proposals for the M54 from 1970 show three potential

... Read More
c2R
SABRE Wiki admin

Post by c2R »

Nice bit of research :)
Is there a road improvement project going on near you? Help us to document it on the SABRE Wiki - help is available in the Digest forum.
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Get involved! - see our guide to scanning and stitching maps

From the SABRE Wiki: Pickmere Roundabout :

Pickmere Roundabout is the roundabout junction between A5 and A41 to the northwest of Wolverhampton and the east of Telford on the border of Staffordshire and Shropshire.

There was originally a crossroads until the current roundabout was built in the early 1960s. It remains unchanged and at the time of writing still retains its streetlighting columns which appear to be nearly as old.

Early proposals for the M54 from 1970 show three potential

... Read More
wrinkly

Post by wrinkly »

The name must be right, as several websites mention it, but the only Pickmere I'd heard of previously is in Cheshire, NE of Northwich.