The Great C Road hunt!

Found anything interesting on "The Roader's Digest" - the SABRE Wiki? Talk about articles in here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Steven
SABRE Maps Coordinator

Re: The Great C Road hunt!

Post by Steven »

Geographer wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 01:56 c2R how do I create another page for the C209 I don't want the edit the C10 (Hertfordshire) page and delete what the page has on t?
If you read the Wiki Guide help page I pointed you at earlier, it goes through exactly how to do that.
Steven
Motorway Historian

Founder Member, SABRE ex-Presidents' Corner

Add your roads knowledge to the SABRE Wiki today!
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Try getting involved!

From the SABRE Wiki: Help :

REDIRECTHelp:Contents

... Read More
c2R
SABRE Wiki admin

Post by c2R »

Geographer wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 01:56 c2R how do I create another page for the C209 I don't want the edit the C10 (Hertfordshire) page and delete what the page has on t?
Hello,

As Stephen has said (and linked to), the guides are a useful place to start. I've found when doing several pages at a time that the simplest way is to alter the URL from your C229 page, or to search for "C209 (Suffolk)", and it'll give you the option to create the page.

The content you've added to the C229 page is exactly what we're looking for, thanks.

The reason I linked to the C10 page was not to make changes to it, but to use the "Edit" view to see the templates used in its structure and categorisation. You can edit the page and copy and paste them to your C229 and C209 pages. I'll do the C229 one to show you....

First, there is the Routebox template, e.g.

Code: Select all

{{Routebox
 | number        = C200
 | type          = class3
 | lat           =  52.195316  
 | lon           = 0.074709  
 | zoom          = 12  
 | trace          = user/c2R/C200_Cambs.osm  
 | from          = Coton
 | to            = Grantchester
 | via           = 
 | authority     = Cambridgeshire Council
 | county        = Cambridgeshire
 | km            = 4.26
 | formernumbers = 
 | image         = Grantchester Rd - Geograph - 3846296.jpg
 | caption       = Grantchester Road and the M11 exit sliproad (on the right)
 | meets         = [[C202 (Cambridgeshire)|C202]], [[C201 (Cambridgeshire)|C201]], [[A603]], [[M11]]
 | gridref_from  = TL410589
 | gridref_to    = TL431557
 | outline       = {{Non Primary Custom|C200|Coton - Grantchester}}
}}
I've put in some data, e.g. the authority and county, but the more data you can provide here, the richer the article

I've then added a disambiguation link so that the user can navigate to other pages:

{{Dab|the Class III road numbered C229 maintained by [[Suffolk Council]]|other roads numbered C229|C229}}
I've then used '''to make the number bold''' and [[to wikilink to other articles]], such as the A12.

I've then added the Navbox and Rating templates, to aid categorisation:

{{Navbox|cat=Suffolk Council Class III Roads}}

{{Rating|2}}     <!-- Article Rating, 1-5 stars. See [[Wiki:Article Rating]] for more details -->
Hope this helps
C2r
Is there a road improvement project going on near you? Help us to document it on the SABRE Wiki - help is available in the Digest forum.
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Get involved! - see our guide to scanning and stitching maps
Geographer

Post by Geographer »

c2R Thank you very much for your replies they are very helpful.
Geographer

Post by Geographer »

I have now created two more pages for C209 & C214 but they do not appear in the list Suffolk Council (Class III roads) - how can I do this?

Also on opening the pages this no box on the right where "to" "From" "Via" etc appears on my C229 page
Steven
SABRE Maps Coordinator

Post by Steven »

Geographer wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:55 I have now created two more pages for C209 & C214 but they do not appear in the list Suffolk Council (Class III roads) - how can I do this?

Also on opening the pages this no box on the right where "to" "From" "Via" etc appears on my C229 page
If you read the help page I linked to it tells you how to fix this lot. Have you been able to look at it?

One of the issues is that you're missing the Routebox on the new pages. C2r put one in for you on the C229 (Suffolk) page.
Steven
Motorway Historian

From the SABRE Wiki: C229 (Suffolk) :

The C229 starts as Carlton Road at the junction with the B1121 Main Road passes Beaumont Cottages, Rosemary Lane and Sandy Lane then crosses the A12 Saxmundham Bypass and becomes Kelsale Road passes the junction with Rendham Road after about one and a half miles turn right onto Rendham Road at the junction with Lintotts Road, after about 2 miles (3.22 km) Rendham Road becomes Rendham Hill finally terminating as Church Street at the Peasenhall Crossroads the junction with the

... Read More
Geographer

Post by Geographer »

Steven, Please excuse me asking again but I can not see it there
Steven
SABRE Maps Coordinator

Post by Steven »

Geographer wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 13:22 Steven, Please excuse me asking again but I can not see it there
There's a whole section on the Routebox section of a page.

If you start at the top of the help page given, read down it, it gives examples of each of the main parts and tells you about what they all do. I suggest you look at it a section at a time, follow that part, then if you get into problems or don't understand it, feel free to ask.

It's always best to go through the guide on how to do it, then we can help answer better if you ask more specific questions.
Steven
Motorway Historian

From the SABRE Wiki: Help :

REDIRECTHelp:Contents

... Read More
Geographer

Post by Geographer »

Steven - I think I've got it - Thanks
Steven
SABRE Maps Coordinator

Post by Steven »

Geographer wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 15:05 Steven - I think I've got it - Thanks
Yes, that's a good start. You'll need "class3" in the "type" tag for all the clever categorisation to work, and the nasty "invalid type" error message to go away.

If you put [[ and ]] around a road number, like [[A1120]], it will turn it into a link. The help article also mentions how to get the gridreferences for "gridref_from" and "gridref_to" as well as the latitude and longitude for a nice map from SABRE Maps.
Steven
Motorway Historian

Mattemotorway

Post by Mattemotorway »

Chris Bertram wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 15:45 The former B1268 has now become C1268, according to Redcar and Cleveland Council, and is signed as such at the Four Lanes End junction with A174, formerly B1267 at that point.
Just looked on Google Streetview and, erm, it appears that it's been like that since 2009...
My old posts are just downright embarrassing.

Expects to climb the job ladder quickly and is often glued to my phone... Apparently..

From the SABRE Wiki: B1268 :

The B1268 is a short B-road in north Yorkshire, now half as long as it was originally.

It starts on the A173 at Upleatham Bridge, between Guisborough and Skelton. From here it heads roughly north into Upleatham then roughly east to meet the A174 at Corngrave.

This has been the eastern end of the B1268 since 2000 when the A174 was rerouted along the

... Read More