A55 Junction Numbers - Chester

Found anything interesting on "The Roader's Digest" - the SABRE Wiki? Talk about articles in here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

c2R
SABRE Wiki admin

A55 Junction Numbers - Chester

Post by c2R »

kieron wrote:
Nicholas wrote: The A51 junction IS NOW Junction 40. Whereas before it was I think 37 or 38?
They've actually done it now? There was a press release which stated that the HA would renumber the junctions "early in the new year", but I thought they may have decided that patching junction numbers on the A55 on some local authority's say-so wasn't a good use of resources after all.
Has anyone got a list of the junctions before renumbering? The link above doesn't work anymore and I can't find a cached version of it anywhere.

The reason I ask is that either our pages are wrong, or legislation.gov.uk is wrong; but I suspect both might be:
This talks about Broughton Interchange being J36a
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/wsi/2018/ ... 097_en.pdf

We redirect that to Broughton Heath Junction (J39) where we reference that it was J36a.

But I think looking at the legislation itself, they're referring to J37

Anyone know for sure what the numbers were?
Is there a road improvement project going on near you? Help us to document it on the SABRE Wiki - help is available in the Digest forum.
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Get involved! - see our guide to scanning and stitching maps
rileyrob

Re: A55 Junction Numbers - Chester

Post by rileyrob »

Sabre Maps has the answer - the recently added OS 1:250,000 sheets from 2013 and 2016 show the before and after numbering.
Rob.
My mission is to travel every road and visit every town, village and hamlet in the British Isles.
I don't like thinking about how badly I am doing.
wrinkly

Post by wrinkly »

As the OP contains quotes I take it this thread was split from some other one?
c2R
SABRE Wiki admin

Post by c2R »

wrinkly wrote:As the OP contains quotes I take it this thread was split from some other one?
Thanks rob. I forgot we had the new maps now.

Yes, this is quotes from another ancient thread that I didn't want to resurrect particularly... On mobile at mo so not easy to find which one it was...
Is there a road improvement project going on near you? Help us to document it on the SABRE Wiki - help is available in the Digest forum.
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Get involved! - see our guide to scanning and stitching maps
c2R
SABRE Wiki admin

Post by c2R »

Ah, so we're right and legislation.gov.uk is wrong. Excellent.