Detrunking

Found anything interesting on "The Roader's Digest" - the SABRE Wiki? Talk about articles in here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

c2R
SABRE Wiki admin

Detrunking

Post by c2R »

Have we got a list anywhere of all the roads detrunked in the cull of Highways England roads a few years back? We need to go through the wiki and look at all the linked junctions, bridges, and tunnels and put the current authorities in instead of HE. I was thinking of perhaps trying to write something using dpl to do a comparison to identify these automatically, but my brain isn't working at the moment!
Is there a road improvement project going on near you? Help us to document it on the SABRE Wiki - help is available in the Digest forum.
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Get involved! - see our guide to scanning and stitching maps
wrinkly

Re: Detrunking

Post by wrinkly »

Page 16 of this shows in map form the original list of roads proposed for detrunking. The eventual list had a few differences.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... uc0igAKrn-
c2R
SABRE Wiki admin

Post by c2R »

Cheers, that's useful. It should give me something to go on....
Is there a road improvement project going on near you? Help us to document it on the SABRE Wiki - help is available in the Digest forum.
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Get involved! - see our guide to scanning and stitching maps
c2R
SABRE Wiki admin

Post by c2R »

OK, so I'm going to work through these on the wiki, looking at all their linked crossings and junctions, ensuring the correct authorities are on them and removing Agency|England.

If a road is wholely no longer trunk, I'm adding it to:
[[Category:Former Trunk Roads]]

While if a road was partially or fully detrunked as a result of a New Deal, I'll add it to:
[[Category:Roads in England detrunked following the 1998 review]]

(or in the case of some of them, to both!)
c2R
SABRE Wiki admin

Post by c2R »

I think I've finished this - all crossings and junctions that were related to detrunked roads have now got the correct highways authority. I've also filled: Category:Roads_in_England_detrunked_following_the_1998_review with all the roads that were detrunked as part of this programme, which effectively covers detrunking of routes between 1999 and 2009.
c2R
SABRE Wiki admin

Post by c2R »

Hmm, looking at it there might still be the odd bridge that is wrong. I suspect because they're of type: bridge rather than crossing.

Need to have a play with templates some more to identify and fix these.