Secret 'B Road'

Found anything interesting on "The Roader's Digest" - the SABRE Wiki? Talk about articles in here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

roadphotos

Secret 'B Road'

Post by roadphotos »

Am I the only one who can't find any maps or atlases that show the original A30 through the village of Fenny Bridges as the B3177. It is clearly marked as the B3177 on all of the signs on both sides of the village and the SABRE Wiki also confirms that the road through the village is part of the B3177 but there doesn't seem to be any maps (except for the one on the SABRE Wiki page) that show this road as part of the B3177. I can only assume that all maps and atlases have failed to pick up on the fact that this road is part of the B3177.There is a road junction to the east of the village where the B3177 is signed as the road in all 3 directions including the old A30 towards Fenny Bridges. Does anyone know of any maps that actually show the road through Fenny Bridges as being the B3177 ?
Steven
SABRE Maps Coordinator

Re: Secret 'B Road'

Post by Steven »

Have you tried looking on SABRE Maps?

(I'm in the middle of nowhere with barely any Internet or I'd look there myself...)
Steven
Motorway Historian

Founder Member, SABRE ex-Presidents' Corner

Add your roads knowledge to the SABRE Wiki today!
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Try getting involved!

Richard_Fairhurst

Post by Richard_Fairhurst »

Help map the world: openstreetmap.org
roadphotos

Post by roadphotos »

Thanks, at least there are some maps that show it correctly, just not the obvious ones. Another secret one is the B4303 at Llanelli. The signposted route for this road is further north than is shown on maps and atlases. Open Street Map is one of the only ones to show the correct route for the B4303 (between the A476 and the A4138). Most maps show Dafen Road as the B4303 but the signs on the A4138 and the A476 disagree. Part of Llethri Road further north is signed as the B4303 between the A476 and A4138.
SouthWest Philip

Post by SouthWest Philip »

The 2020 AA maps show the B3177 in it's full glory! To be honest, it's not obvious why the western arm to Fenny Bridges should be classified.
roadphotos

Post by roadphotos »

The latest OS Landranger now shows the B3177 running through Fenny Bridges, it had previously shown it as an unclassified minor road (not numbered).