A426

Found anything interesting on "The Roader's Digest" - the SABRE Wiki? Talk about articles in here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

roadphotos

A426

Post by roadphotos »

I think the information on the A426 on the SABRE Wiki is incorrect. The key to the route says that the section of this road between Lutterworth and Leicester is a Primary Route which I'm pretty certain is not the case. All maps and atlases show this section of the A426 as Non Primary (coloured red). Further south there's confusion as to what the classification of the section of the A426 between the A423 at Southam and Rugby actually is. Most maps show it as a Primary Route (coloured green) but all of the signs along this section are white (Non Primary). The same goes for the section between the M6 and Lutterworth. This section also has Non Primary signage but is shown on maps and atlases as a Primary Route (coloured green). Does anyone have any information on the classification of this road.
SouthWest Philip

Re: A426

Post by SouthWest Philip »

I guess Warwickshire county council would have the definitive answer, but it appears that the A426 was all non-primary until a few years ago but has, for some inexplicable reason, been made primary in recent years from Lutterworth southwards. I say inexplicable simply because there is no reason for any primary route to pass through Rugby given there are far better strategic routes to take all through traffic around it.

I guess the white signs south of Lutterworth are simply because older signs haven't been replaced.
ForestChav
SABRE Developer

Post by ForestChav »

It's definitely non primary north of the A4304, according to the content on street view.
C, E flat and G go into a bar. The barman says "sorry, we don't serve minors". So E flat walks off, leaving C and G to share an open fifth between them.

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
roadphotos

Post by roadphotos »

The route key on the Wiki is definitely incorrect then
fras

Post by fras »

Before the new junction was installed at Catthorpe, it was possible to come down the M1 from the north, and then take the M6 west, and vice versa, but now you can't the only way is A426 M6 Jn 1 and M1 Jn 20. So if you want to get to and from the M1 north and the new huge sheds beside the M6 at Rugby you've got to use the A426, so that could be a reason to make that section primary.
roadphotos

Post by roadphotos »

Not having much luck with the Wiki, I've tried to change the route outline (key) for the A426 on the Wiki but it now seems to have disappeared. I tried to change it because it said that the A426 was a Primary Route from Lutterworth to Leicester and Non Primary from Southam to Lutterworth when the opposite is the case. There are now new green signs on the A426 at Southam and Stockton which have replaced the old white signage. Can anyone help me to correct it as the A426 is Primary from Southam to Lutterworth and Non Primary from Lutterworth to Leicester.
Last edited by roadphotos on Tue Dec 07, 2021 18:59, edited 1 time in total.
Steven
SABRE Maps Coordinator

Post by Steven »

roadphotos wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 18:47 Not having much luck with the Wiki, I've tried to change the route outline (key) for the A426 on the Wiki but it now seems to have disappeared. I tried to change it because it said that the A426 was a Primary Route from Lutterworth to Leicester and Non Primary from Southam to Lutterworth when the opposite is the case. Can anyone help me to correct it as the A426 is Primary from Southam to Lutterworth and Non Primary from Lutterworth to Leicester.
Sorted it. You'd accidentally deleted one of the "{" curly brackets characters - you need two around them not just one; so not a huge job to fix at all.
Steven
Motorway Historian

Founder Member, SABRE ex-Presidents' Corner

Add your roads knowledge to the SABRE Wiki today!
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Try getting involved!

roadphotos

Post by roadphotos »

Thanks