B3212 extension Exeter?

Found anything interesting on "The Roader's Digest" - the SABRE Wiki? Talk about articles in here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

DavidBrown

B3212 extension Exeter?

Post by DavidBrown »

I noticed today that this sign on Sowton Industrial Estate in Exeter has been replaced, and amongst other changes now has Moor Lane, the main road through the estate, signed as the B3212. It looks like this might have been done as part of current works taking place at the roundabout with the A3015, though I didn't notice if any other new signs also had the new number. If this is correct, I think it's fairly safe to assume that Cumberland Way will also become part of the B3212, with only a short multiplex with the B3181 at Pinhoe before the current B3212 starts. And at the other end, although no signs have been changed at all as yet, I again would assume that the new number would terminate at M5 J30 just past Exeter services.
roadphotos

Re: B3212 extension Exeter?

Post by roadphotos »

It would certainly make sense to continue the B3212 to the M5 (via the Business Park) and the way it joins the B3181 it looks like they are encouraging traffic to go that way. The worst thing for me in the area is the set of traffic lights just before the M5 on the A30. A good dual carriageway all the way from Honiton is ruined by this mess of a junction that should be a simple free flow left onto the M5 south