A6195

Found anything interesting on "The Roader's Digest" - the SABRE Wiki? Talk about articles in here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

roadphotos

A6195

Post by roadphotos »

Can anyone tell me if the section of the A6195 from the A635 near Darfield to the A628 at Shafton is a Primary Route ?. All maps and atlases show this part of the A6195 as being a Non Primary Route (coloured red) but all of the signs at every junction on this road are green (Primary Route signs). There are no white Non Primary signs on any part of the A6195, all of the signs are green which tells me that the road is a Primary Route but maps disagree. I thought that I'd ask the question to see if anyone has an answer.
SouthWest Philip

Re: A6195

Post by SouthWest Philip »

Current Ordnance Survey maps, as can be accessed from the Maps menu at top of this very website, show it as non primary on the large scale ("quarter inch") road map but primary on the 1:50k.

Given the 1:50k seems to be more accurate at last with other nearby changes to the primary network in recent years - downgrading of the previously primary A58 & A661 in the Wetherby area and likewise A642 parallel to M1 - I'd suggest it probably is now primary.
roadphotos

Re: A6195

Post by roadphotos »

The OS only shows the section that's south of the A635 as being a Primary Route. The section of the A6195 that runs between the A635 and the A628 is shown as a Non Primary Route on the OS (online maps) and all other maps but the signs on this part of the A6195 are all green which tells me that this section of the road is actually a Primary Route despite all maps showing it as Non Primary.