Road numbers in Aberdeen

Found anything interesting on "The Roader's Digest" - the SABRE Wiki? Talk about articles in here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

orudge
SABRE Developer

Re: Road numbers in Aberdeen

Post by orudge » Wed Mar 24, 2021 23:17

I haven't seen anything concrete on the Aberdeen City Council site; there is a report here that has various proposals, but isn't necessarily an indication of what has actually been accepted and carried out.

I put in a FOI request with the council for a list of their A and B roads (and routes thereof) on the 14th - I should have a response by the 9th hopefully.

orudge
SABRE Developer

Post by orudge » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:55

The response to my FOI request came through, though it looks like it may still require a bit of piecing together to identify the exact routings of each new road. There is also a list of the road numbers that are no longer in use.

The file is too large to upload here though and I'm not sure if our wiki accepts PDF files. I've put in on my web site here for now.

I have done some work on updating the routes on the wiki (and OSM) but will look more at this when I have a bit of time.

Queeg

Post by Queeg » Thu Apr 15, 2021 16:59

Owen,

Fantastic piece of information! I shall have a good read through it later but very interesting to see the map. A fair change.

Many thanks for obtaining the FOI reply and sharing :)
Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me!

But it'll help.

orudge
SABRE Developer

Post by orudge » Fri Apr 16, 2021 14:03

I think I've updated all the roads on OpenStreetMap now. It also looks like the Berryden Corridor will become an A-road once complete - an extension of the A9119 presumably. I'll continue with my work on the SABRE wiki shortly.

EDIT: I think the main pages for the roads are now up-to-date, with roads that have been completely rerouted moved to defunct pages.

roadphotos

Post by roadphotos » Thu Apr 29, 2021 22:58

Thanks for the information on the road number changes in Aberdeen. It's great to see a map of these changes as there are so many. It looks like the changes shown on the latest OS are all correct but the newly classified B984 isn't shown.