Queensferry Crossing opening (on M90 page)

Found anything interesting on "The Roader's Digest" - the SABRE Wiki? Talk about articles in here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

wrinkly

Queensferry Crossing opening (on M90 page)

Post by wrinkly » Sat Mar 20, 2021 14:55

The M90 page contains a sentence that appears to claim that the Queensferry Crossing was opened 50 years to the day after the Forth Road Bridge. I think the correct figure is 53 years minus a few days - not so memorable.

I could just delete the sentence but it's been there since September 2017 so I thought I'd check first - am I misreading it? Is it trying to say something different from its apparent meaning?

c2R
SABRE Wiki admin

Re: Queensferry Crossing opening (on M90 page)

Post by c2R » Sat Mar 20, 2021 15:05

In my view, if it's inaccurate it needs to go!
Is there a road improvement project going on near you? Help us to document it on the SABRE Wiki - help is available in the Digest forum.
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Get involved! - see our guide to scanning and stitching maps

wrinkly

Post by wrinkly » Fri Apr 02, 2021 14:39

I deleted the sentence and made some other changes, but like several other pages on motorways, it could benefit from more work.

c2R
SABRE Wiki admin

Post by c2R » Thu Apr 08, 2021 08:46

wrinkly wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 14:39
I deleted the sentence and made some other changes, but like several other pages on motorways, it could benefit from more work.
Thanks for that - yes, there's many pages that could benefit from people getting involved - particularly where we've previously relied on links to other sites that have subsequently disappeared.
Is there a road improvement project going on near you? Help us to document it on the SABRE Wiki - help is available in the Digest forum.
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Get involved! - see our guide to scanning and stitching maps