A5358?

Found anything interesting on "The Roader's Digest" - the SABRE Wiki? Talk about articles in here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

rileyrob

A5358?

Post by rileyrob »

The DfT List says the following under B5358:
A5358 - Overdale - Handforth.
Not being familiar with the area, I can't find anywhere called 'Overdale' close enough to make sense of the current route, but more intriguing is the reference to A5358. Now clearly, as it is listed under the B5358 it cannot be a misprint for that. I then thought maybe it referred to the A538, but maps and signage show that little B road as the B5091.

An online search yielded Page 192 of this document: https://moderngov.cheshireeast.gov.uk/e ... e.pdf?T=10 Has the following text:
A5358 Bonis Hall Lane/Mill Lane
Which is the southern end of the current B5358 and an unclassified road (Mill Lane), which are mapped and signed (on GSV since 2009) as the B5358 / unclassified

Does this mean that at one time part of the B5358 was upgraded to be an A road, before reverting to a B road, or is it a complete red herring?
Rob.
My mission is to travel every road and visit every town, village and hamlet in the British Isles.
I don't like thinking about how badly I am doing.

From the SABRE Wiki: B5358 :

The B5358 is a contrasting road in north Cheshire. The number first came to the area in the late 1920s.

The road starts at traffic lights on the A523 in the fields to the north of Prestbury. It heads northwest and immediately goes under the Macclesfield to Stockport railway line before winding across open country. After a few miles of fields and isolated buildings a roundabout is reached on the A5102. There's a

... Read More