Guide to BELGIUM

Going on holiday? Just returned with pictures or news? Found an interesting website? Post everything international in here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

t1(M)

Post by t1(M) »

<< - The road markings on some crossroads are very poor - it's not remotely clear which road has priority.>>
It's actually very simple: Priorite a droit is alive and well in Belgium.
Chris56000

Re: Guide to BELGIUM

Post by Chris56000 »

Hi

Nearly didn't make it back from Prague to Calais (Saturday) two years ago because an old bloody granddad in a Micra came pootling onto the E40 west of Brugge at 15 mph right in front of me and nearly lost it having to jam on everything to try and avoid him!!!!

Oh yes, and the service areas cost a bloody arm and a leg as well!

Chris Williams
exiled
Committee Member

Re: Guide to BELGIUM

Post by exiled »

Chris56000 wrote: Oh yes, and the service areas cost a bloody arm and a leg as well!

Chris Williams
I don't think that is just Belgium though!
Did you know there's more to SABRE than just the Forums?
Add your roads knowledge to the SABRE Wiki today!
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Try getting involved!
Vierwielen

Re:

Post by Vierwielen »

SarahJ wrote: ... snip ...

Oh and finaly, when in the Netherlands we came accross a sign on the motorway that said steep hill, beware,. Sorry Holland, but the M1 up to Luton from the M25 has steeper hills.
SJ
Are you sure that the hill was in Holland? The Netherlands consists of 12 provinces, North Holland (Noord-Holland), South Holland (Zuid-Holland - where my father was born), Friesland (which has its own language and where my grandfather was born) plus 9 other provinces. You probably saw the "steep hill" sign in Limburg (which shares a 323 metre hill with Belgium and Germany).