What countries have bi, tri (or even more?!) lingual signs?

Going on holiday? Just returned with pictures or news? Found an interesting website? Post everything international in here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Vierwielen

Re: What countries have bi, tri (or even more?!) lingual sig

Post by Vierwielen »

JohnnyMo wrote:
exiled wrote:
scott125 wrote:I remember a sign at a services near London that had French , Spanish etc but also it had albanian . Never met any albanians here
Clacket Lane? English, German, French and Czech.

Quite why Czech rather than Polish I don't know.
What is the point of that sign, a clearway on a motorway. Also any European driver should know the rules of a motorway.
Years ago, there were a series of signs outside Sheerness in French, Spanish and German reminding drivers to "Keep left", but the regular ferry to Sheerness at the time was the Vlissingen ferry and most of the non-British vehicles on the road had Dutch numberplates.
Chris Bertram

Re: What countries have bi, tri (or even more?!) lingual sig

Post by Chris Bertram »

Vierwielen wrote:
JohnnyMo wrote:
exiled wrote:
Clacket Lane? English, German, French and Czech.

Quite why Czech rather than Polish I don't know.
What is the point of that sign, a clearway on a motorway. Also any European driver should know the rules of a motorway.
Years ago, there were a series of signs outside Sheerness in French, Spanish and German reminding drivers to "Keep left", but the regular ferry to Sheerness at the time was the Vlissingen ferry and most of the non-British vehicles on the road had Dutch numberplates.
Well, the Dutch usually have a better command of English than most natives. Some Germans might well come that way, but French and Spanish seem redundant in that location.
“The quality of any advice anybody has to offer has to be judged against the quality of life they actually lead.” - Douglas Adams.

Did you know there's more to SABRE than just the Forums?
Add your roads knowledge to the SABRE Wiki today!
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Try getting involved!