What are the toll signs' meanings?

Going on holiday? Just returned with pictures or news? Found an interesting website? Post everything international in here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

exiled
President

Re: What are the toll signs' meanings?

Post by exiled »

Bryn666 wrote:It's used across most of Europe; I have no idea why we don't use it because it is a good sign. It's also used at customs posts.
I suppose having so few tolled roads, and not having the borders where those customs posts have been common counted against it. If for example there had been a hard border due to the union not happening, and one side or the other or both having a tolled network these would have been more common.

Also the police in France and Spain use them for mobile checkpoints or traffic control at accidents. We don't in that way either.
Did you know there's more to SABRE than just the Forums?
Add your roads knowledge to the SABRE Wiki today!
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Try getting involved!
SarahJ

Post by SarahJ »

mikehindsonevans wrote:
SarahJ wrote:tolltickets_Invoice_331410233_120491.pdftolltickets_Invoice_391411212_120491.pdf

Sorry, was £43.84. Italy was a bit more.
Sarah: my apologies for raising this, but given that these PDFs show your postal address, please tell me that the HSBC sort code and account number at the top right are NOT your bank details?? This would be a gift to any identity thief.

Mike
No, they are not my bank details, they are the uk bank details of toll tickets
Sabrista
Secretary

Post by Sabrista »

SarahJ wrote:Most gutting. Putting the swiss tag on a car which blew up before Dover. Had to do the trip in a back up car (Serena's Fiesta) and of course, had to buy a new tag. :(
It was a nice souvenir until the car got nicked at the end of that year :(

Serena
"The motorways are full of teachers' pets in their company cars listening to Simply Red..." - Dean Johnson

Big Trip In A Big (Now Little) Car! (new)
Serena's Mr Floppy Collection
My other pet project!