Watch an Australian road being surfaced

Going on holiday? Just returned with pictures or news? Found an interesting website? Post everything international in here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

orudge
Site Manager

Watch an Australian road being surfaced

Post by orudge »

A small council in Western Australia posted this interesting little video of a road being surfaced. Apparently it's "gone viral" with millions of people sharing it on Facebook.
trencheel303
Account deactivated at user request

Re: Watch an Australian road being surfaced

Post by trencheel303 »

that was very satisfying, especially the guy reversing and dumping the concrete (or whatever the light coloured stuff is) as he goes.
Glen
Social Media Admin

Post by Glen »

It's just surface dressing being laid on an unsealed road.
kit
Banned

Post by kit »

trencheel303 wrote:that was very satisfying, especially the guy reversing and dumping the concrete (or whatever the light coloured stuff is) as he goes.
I think it is aggregate or similar. If it was concrete those lorries would gum up pretty quickly.

Can I go for the cliched "If it was the UK it would take three months and have 50mph SPECs throughout." :twisted:
I didn't want to believe my Dad was stealing from his job as a road worker. But when I got home, all the signs were there.
RichardA35
Elected Committee Member

Post by RichardA35 »

First rip looks a bit fatty and smooth drum rollers? Surely they will crush the stone? (Although pneumatic tyred roller does follow up)

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk