Spanish yellow centre line?

Going on holiday? Just returned with pictures or news? Found an interesting website? Post everything international in here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Mark Hewitt

Spanish yellow centre line?

Post by Mark Hewitt »

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=593D1617

A facebook page I follow posted this image of a newly resurfaced road near Palma de Mallorca. A yellow centre line, I've never seen anything like that anywhere in Spain before. Is that a new reg or the contractors make a major error?

PS this is the same road if not the same spot https://goo.gl/maps/MriLgxaTUzH2
Owain
Elected Committee Member

Re: Spanish yellow centre line?

Post by Owain »

Is it a temporary marking? I know it would be odd to put a temporary marking on a newly resurfaced road, but temporary markings (e.g. for roadworks) are yellow in Italy.
Former President & F99 Driver

Viva la Repubblica!
bothar

Post by bothar »

Owain wrote:Is it a temporary marking? I know it would be odd to put a temporary marking on a newly resurfaced road, but temporary markings (e.g. for roadworks) are yellow in Italy.
if the surface is not the intended final layer, it might be rational.
"I intend to always travel a different road"
Ibn Battuta 1304-1368
Mark Hewitt

Post by Mark Hewitt »

All I have to go off is that picture, but it looks finished to me and consistent with other roads in that area.
Owain
Elected Committee Member

Post by Owain »

Mark Hewitt wrote:All I have to go off is that picture, but it looks finished to me and consistent with other roads in that area.
If it's consistent (the marking, not the surface) with other roads in the area, then maybe the regional govt has introduced a new standard. I know from the road numberings that there seems to be a great deal of regional autonomy in Spanish road matters.

I followed that road for a bit on GSV. It looks like Sardinia. That's hardly surprising, but it looks very nice.
Former President & F99 Driver

Viva la Repubblica!
Mark Hewitt

Post by Mark Hewitt »

I've never seen yellow markings anywhere else in Mallorca
c2R
SABRE Wiki admin

Post by c2R »

Spain uses yellow as markings through roadworks, or in an area of works.

Whether there are still other works going on, or they ran out of white paint though could be an interesting question...
Is there a road improvement project going on near you? Help us to document it on the SABRE Wiki - help is available in the Digest forum.
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Get involved! - see our guide to scanning and stitching maps