Using Photo Gallery Pictures

Going on holiday? Just returned with pictures or news? Found an interesting website? Post everything international in here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Oshein

Using Photo Gallery Pictures

Post by Oshein »

Hello,

I am currently in need of some gallery pictures and I wondered what the policy is on reusing them.
For example: I would leave a tag underneath saying who Uploaded the picture and a link to that photo
Thanks,
Lewis
People come, People go; People go where they feel home.
Steven
SABRE Maps Coordinator

Re: Using Photo Gallery Pictures

Post by Steven »

Oshein wrote:Hello,

I am currently in need of some gallery pictures and I wondered what the policy is on reusing them.
For example: I would leave a tag underneath saying who Uploaded the picture and a link to that photo
Thanks,
Lewis
Do you mean reusing them outside SABRE?

If so, the legal position is that copyright rests with the original photographer, who grants SABRE a licence to publish, so we can't simply say "yes", but an individual contributor could. If it comes from a third party site, like Geograph (which should be obvious from the photo tags), then you would have to comply with their requirements.
Steven
Motorway Historian

Founder Member, SABRE ex-Presidents' Corner

Add your roads knowledge to the SABRE Wiki today!
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Try getting involved!

Oshein

Re: Using Photo Gallery Pictures

Post by Oshein »

Steven wrote:
Oshein wrote:Hello,

Thanks,
Lewis
Do you mean reusing them outside SABRE?

If so, the legal position is that copyright rests with the original photographer, who grants SABRE a licence to publish, so we can't simply say "yes", but an individual contributor could. If it comes from a third party site, like Geograph (which should be obvious from the photo tags), then you would have to comply with their requirements.
Ok, Thank you Steven I just wanted to know Sabre's stance.
People come, People go; People go where they feel home.