South Korea Roads

Going on holiday? Just returned with pictures or news? Found an interesting website? Post everything international in here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

B9127

South Korea Roads

Post by B9127 »

I was watching the meeting between the two Korea's on Sky 690 (Korean TV) and recorded it due to interruptions and the first hour was an view form ground and helicopter of the South Korean's President from the Blue House to the venue - loads of street signage, road markings and the expressways - more absorbing than the meeting - lasted about an hour. Don't know if its in the net anywhere but worth a look if yo can find it.
Motorways travelled 2019 - M90 - M9 - M80 - M8 -M77 - M73 -A74(M) -M6-M42-M40 -A404(M) - M4 - M5 -M50 -M56 much better so far than last year
Viator

Re: South Korea Roads

Post by Viator »

Google StreetView has coverage of a lot of South Korea too (certainly a great deal more than it has of Germany!). I've enjoyed many hours of virtual motoring there.

One or two features:
* an almost Japanese passion for traffic-light controlled junctions (like most Japanese lights they are horizontal too, and frequently installed on the far side of the junction only).
* danger signs are European-style red-bordered triangles (with black-on-yellow symbols à la suédoise, polonaise etc.)
* pedestrian crossings are preceded by hollow white diamonds painted on the carriageway (as in Japan ...and in New Zealand)
* many rural junctions appear to have 3- or 4-way stops (or give ways?), though marked only by stop lines; there are no signs (this is something I keep meaning to find out more about)
* the protection given to low overbridges can be quite ruthless: see this example!