Woops!!!. Germans being damm efficent

Going on holiday? Just returned with pictures or news? Found an interesting website? Post everything international in here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

mikehindsonevans

Re: Woops!!!. Germans being damm efficent

Post by mikehindsonevans »

OK, I'll ask. How many years has the Dartford Tax been in place, with the option to pay online? I remember that, at one time, you could pay the Dartford Tax in your newsagent shop.

Mind you, this is not part of the UK road network that I have visited since a pioneering "one lap of the M25" about a year after the whole road opened. So I shall sympathise with your expressed pain.
Mike Hindson-Evans.
Never argue with a conspiracy theorist.
They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Berk

Post by Berk »

Since 2015 and the barriers went?? Pretty sure of it.
Vierwielen

Post by Vierwielen »

Vierwielen wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 22:35
Euan wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 16:16 Many German autobahns do not have any speed limit whatsoever and where they do they are no greater than 130km/h. I reckon you must have been entering an urban area with a 100km/h limit, not really ideal without some sort of speed restriction beforehand to allow a gradual slow down. Be thankful it was just a €30 penalty though, I'm sure that in many other places you would have been fined much more! But then such a small fine isn't exactly much of an incentive to slow down, is it?
Many autobahns have a 100 km/h speed limit at a "Kreuz" - the Germans differentiate between autobahns exits (Ausfahrt) and interchanges between two autobahns (Kreuz).
SteveA30

Post by SteveA30 »

Honestly, this country... :hissy:
Indeed, yet all that is needed is for England to do the decent and right thing and abolish tolls, just like Scotland and Wales have done, without facing financial armageddon. Cost isn't the only or the most important factor.
Roads and holidays in the west, before motorways.
http://trektothewest.shutterfly.com
http://holidayroads.webs.com/
Marzo

Post by Marzo »

It is still possible to pay for the Dartford Crossing at a local shop - possible but difficult. Having made one crossing of the bridge and not having any intention of doing so again in the foreseeable future, plus being on our way to a campsite without internet access, we found a shop in Gravesend advertised as being a paypoint. The assistant asked for the registration number and then insisted that it couldn't be V2nnXXX 'because number plates start with two letters'. She thought that it must be VZ. She then asked if it was a car as the machine came up with a payment of £2.50. "No, it's a motorcaravan". "You must have given me the wrong number then, because vans are £3.00." It proved impossible to get it over that motorhomes of whatever size are charged as cars. We paid the £2.50 and left with her telling us that if we were fined it was all our fault and nothing to do with her... We haven't heard anything, obviously.