France - Average Speed Cameras

Going on holiday? Just returned with pictures or news? Found an interesting website? Post everything international in here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

A303Chris

France - Average Speed Cameras

Post by A303Chris »

Are these average speed cameras in France . The reason I ask is I saw three sets of these on my travels over the last two weeks, these are on the N7 approximately 3 kilometres after the end of the A77 at Nevers.

I came off the A77 at 130kph and was doing 120kph along the N7, following two other cars doing the same speed and saw the normal speed camera sign. The cars in front saw these cameras and stuck at 110kph for approximately 2km to another set, then speed off.

There are another set here on the new A9 around Montpellier, which start after the old toll booths. The new A9 bisects the old toll booths either side of the city with A709 going through them. These cameras cover both carriageways between the toll booths.

The new road has a 110 kph speed limit for a reason I couldn't work out even though its brand new with no junctions. Going through at 3pm eastbound, all vehicles stayed at 110 kph, and coming back through at midnight westbound after seeing Mark Knopfler at Nimes again all vehicles stayed at 110 kph along the whole 10 mile section, even though the road was dead. Soon as the cameras were passed speed limit returns to 130 kph, and then especially at night anything goes.
The M25 - The road to nowhere
RichardA35
Elected Committee Member

Re: France - Average Speed Cameras

Post by RichardA35 »

https://www.radars-auto.com/emplacements/nievre/ is a site I have used where you can search out the various camera emplacements and be aware ahead of times.