Dutch 100 km/h speed limit

Going on holiday? Just returned with pictures or news? Found an interesting website? Post everything international in here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Kaasdrager

Re: Dutch 100 km/h speed limit

Post by Kaasdrager »

FosseWay wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 14:41
ravenbluemoon wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 19:17
koppie wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 17:27 You're probably all-right. Only on the A20 with the max speedlimit on the signs above just around Rotterdam-centrum there is a Trajectcontrole (SPECS). The same at Utrecht, but probably you went A20-A4-A15-A50-A12? And completely missed this. But the number of 'normal' speedtraps aren't that big. And the trajectcontrole are mostly on places which are very difficult to drive fast.
Ah ok, I came in from the Osnabruck area, so A1-A28-A27-A12-A20 (going out I went via Amsterdam and Groningen, then on to Bremen, but it was off peak). I did notice the trajectcontrole signs around Rotterdam, but as you say it wasn't easy to go fast along that section.
I drove from Hoek van Holland to Kiel in April 2019 and got a ticket for doing 56 in a 50 limit in Groningen (I'm not sure whether I was on the through route or not at the time). The ticket was for 56 EUR, of which IIRC 8 EUR was some kind of administrative charge applied for overseas drivers (translating the letter into Swedish, for a start!).
No, the administrative charge is applied with all speed fines. They weren't allowed to raise the fines further but they were allowed to tack on admin charges...