Billingshurst By-Pass

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

jervi

Re: Billingshurst By-Pass

Post by jervi » Fri Dec 11, 2020 14:21

I've replied to their response. Just explaining how it reads and why their response doesn't make sense and asking for clarification. Maybe they will do something such as remove it from the PRN or start correcting some of the signs, especially before the ones on the Billingshurst Bypass get put in place.
I wouldn't be too fussed if a few of the signs were the wrong colour along the road, but with all but 1 sign being incorrect between the A24 and Hampshire is not excusable.

And yes, I have checked all the signs along it. If you can find another primary route sign between the A24 and Hampshire on the A272, I'll give £10 to the first person.

Also today WSCC announced the Bypass is opening on Monday.
https://www.westsussex.gov.uk/news/new- ... ge-centre/

roadphotos

Post by roadphotos » Tue Jan 19, 2021 16:10

Thanks for the information on the opening date, as this new part of the A272 is now open to traffic I'll have to check it out the next time I'm down that way (when we are allowed to travel). Has the new road got Primary Route signage or more white Non Primary signs ?.

jervi

Post by jervi » Tue Jan 19, 2021 17:51

roadphotos wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 16:10
Thanks for the information on the opening date, as this new part of the A272 is now open to traffic I'll have to check it out the next time I'm down that way (when we are allowed to travel). Has the new road got Primary Route signage or more white Non Primary signs ?.
I haven't checked yet. But I'll put £500 on that they are non-primary signs.