GREY WORNUM who Manufactured the Lamp

Discussion about street lighting, road signs, traffic signals - and all other street furniture - goes here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

OliverH

GREY WORNUM who Manufactured the Lamp

Post by OliverH »

Whilst doing some research to try and find the companies who once manufactured / still manufacture the lamp, I came up with no answer.
I know that Revo first made them; then, at some point, they were made by Urbis and DW Winsor.

I know that whilst doing some research that 11:11 lighting currently manufactures them.

I was wondering if people could help with that and also when they first started. as whilst researching it seems that at one point, Urbis and DW were making them at the same time, or it could have been that there were some leftover Urbis stock.

Also, one thing that annoys me is when heritage lighting is replaced but not with similar-looking lanterns as the original lanterns are no longer made.

Finally, if anybody knows their heritage Lighting, then here is a link to a file with pictures of all the companies I found that manufacture the classic Classic Victorian Teardrop/railway lanterns. All you need is the name and manufacturer. And for one of them, you only need the name and one of the companies who made it. Not all the sizes are present unless they look different. Does Not include Indal or past lanterns that are no longer made anymore.
OliverH

Re: GREY WORNUM who Manufactured the Lamp

Post by OliverH »

I have been working on a heritage lighting spreadsheet from research on who currently makes heritage lamps and was surprised by how many Companies manufacture heritage lamps.

Before this, I only knew of one called Urbis, another called DW Winsor and vaguely one called Candella Light. But after some research, I found that there were a lot more.

The spreadsheet, for starters, includes the Classic Victorian Teardrop/railway lantern and similar lanterns (only including different sizes if there is a variation between models).

It mainly includes the current manufacturers (note: info might be outdated as some of the listed companies might have ceased to exist) except the Mackenzie Moncur, where I have listed the original and later makers. As in my previous post, I hope also to find out who manufactured the GREY WORNUM and when (originally and later).

Link to the spreadsheet below:

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AgOIcBzBvpHggVCYBT1 ... H?e=q9McHf