The Barthomley Link saga continues (A500 West)

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

brummie_rob

Re: The Barthomley Link saga continues (A500 West)

Post by brummie_rob »

droopsnoot wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 13:09
brummie_rob wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 23:58 I checked this page last week as everything had been quiet and it said 'due to start in 2022'. Yet a further delay on the scheme which is frustrating.
Now updated to say "main works to start in 2024".
Oh great; I guess the compulsory purchase orders are taking longer and now the budget for the main works for 2023 have been tied up in some other scheme.
droopsnoot

Post by droopsnoot »

fras wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 22:21 If you think this is bad, Middlewich has been waiting for a bypass for at least 27 years, probably longer !
I worked in Middlewich from 1992 to 2011, and recall attending a meeting at some community centre or other where a waste management company were going to pay for it in return for being able to site a disposal site (incinerator, basically, if I recall correctly) somewhere along it. Obviously that didn't get anywhere, or if it did, it is still rumbling along.
brummie_rob

Post by brummie_rob »

Now updated to 'due to start in 2025'. Will this ever see the light of day? Being a peak user of this stretch of road now I can understand why it needs doing as you get phantom queues along here.