B4304 / B4305 Llanelli

Found anything interesting on "The Roader's Digest" - the SABRE Wiki? Talk about articles in here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

rileyrob

B4304 / B4305 Llanelli

Post by rileyrob »

There seems to be an amount of confusion / contradiction surrounding the routes of the B4304 and B4305 in Llanelli.

1922 text:

Code: Select all

B4304	Llanelly (Park Street, Stepney Street, Station Road and New Dock Road)	Park Street & Stepney Street pedestrianised
B4305	Llanelly (James Street, Stepney Place and Murray Street)	        James Street unclassified; rest A4214/lost under supermarket
2002 DfT text:

Code: Select all

B4304    Llanelly (Box - G.W.Dock.)
B4305    Llanelly (Station Road (part), Stepney Street, Park Street.)
Added to this, the MOT map, on close inspection seems to assign the B4305 number to the more northerly route, and the B4304 to the more southerly route starting in/near Box - ie as described in 2002.
Apart from (erroneously?) marking the northern end of Station Road as part of the B4309, the OS 1:10000 maps on the NLS site also support the 2002 text.

Is this therefore a rare occurrence of an error in the 1922 list?
Rob.
My mission is to travel every road and visit every town, village and hamlet in the British Isles.
I don't like thinking about how badly I am doing.

From the SABRE Wiki: B4304 :

The B4304 constitutes a southern bypass of Llanelli, its main line forming a nearly 4-mile-long loop off the A484 from Sandy in the west to Berwick in the east.

It has two branches: one (unnumbered on the ground) running from Llanelli town centre to join the route roughly halfway along its course at Machynys; and a second (unnumbered on many maps) starting at

... Read More