When a developer puts up some street lights and the council puts some up a year later

Discussion about street lighting, road signs, traffic signals - and all other street furniture - goes here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

OliverH

When a developer puts up some street lights and the council puts some up a year later

Post by OliverH »

thissite had new houses built in 2020 but a year later it seems that the council/company looking after the streetlamps has placed there own lighting next tow the developers lights on the realigned road. at first, I thought it was just the one that was due to be replaced because of the relined road, but when I went to the larger road and went back in time as saw that, in fact, a year prior, the lights weren't there.
MotorwayGuy

Re: When a developer puts up some street lights and the council puts some up a year later

Post by MotorwayGuy »

I've seen this before where decorative columns have been replaced. If I had to guess, I'd say it's because they don't meet the local authority's requirements, the spacing seems very strange with lots of columns close together and then random gaps.
jnty

Re: When a developer puts up some street lights and the council puts some up a year later

Post by jnty »

They are of a very odd design with a very large upward facing surface and with a tiny light set in them. They couldn't be temporary solar powered units installed before the site was connected to the electrical grid, could they? You could imagine this might work to provide a bit of lighting during dark working hours in the winter months.
L.J.D

Post by L.J.D »

Something really strange happened here also. It isn't on GSV yet but all new housing estates around here have had LED fitted as you'd expect these days but that one for some reason has had SON lanterns fitted yet the main road is LED. I find it extremely odd that it's had SON fitted.