Three way stop at four way crossroads

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

jervi

Re: Three way stop at four way crossroads

Post by jervi »

Came across this three-way give way yesterday/
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.0038, ... 384!8i8192
WhiteBlueRed

Post by WhiteBlueRed »

Who has right of way in this situation?
Chris Bertram

Post by Chris Bertram »

WhiteBlueRed wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 13:35 Who has right of way in this situation?
"The redneck in the pickup with the gun rack and a bumper sticker reading 'Guns don't kill people - I do!'" :lol:
“The quality of any advice anybody has to offer has to be judged against the quality of life they actually lead.” - Douglas Adams.

Did you know there's more to SABRE than just the Forums?
Add your roads knowledge to the SABRE Wiki today!
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Try getting involved!
Barkstar

Post by Barkstar »

jervi wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 23:57 Came across this three-way give way yesterday/
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.0038, ... 384!8i8192
You could - if you were a brave highways engineer - leave that as an unmarked junction. Of course you wouldn't because most drivers assume that have right of way unless told otherwise. The junction at the end of my street is unmarked but no one treats it as such.

As for accusing a council in the case of an accident given how infrequently a lot of tricky junctions get the white lines redone it's going to happen sooner or later you'd think. I made the error of trusting Google maps to get me out of Wolverhampton. Approaching what looked like a RA the sat nav said 'at the roundabout take the second exit', only for some reason though it's round it isn't a RA and the road markings were badly worn. I was okay though probably raised the Discovery driver's heart rate.