Llangrwyney Bridge - Powys/Monmouthshire border crossing reopens.

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

AAndy

Llangrwyney Bridge - Powys/Monmouthshire border crossing reopens.

Post by AAndy »

This bridge facilitates a rat run between the A465 and A40 near Abergavenny and connects with those wanting to travel on through Crickhowell.

Though some detail about the repair in this article. https://www.brecon-radnor.co.uk/news/br ... der-557258
AAndy

Re: Llangrwyney Bridge - Powys/Monmouthshire border crossing reopens.

Post by AAndy »

A map showing the location and county boundary: https://www.randymajors.org/countygmap? ... nties=show
Octaviadriver

Post by Octaviadriver »

I haven't been over that bridge for about 30 years and didn't even notice it was closed! In the 1980s and early 1990s, I went to a driver training centre in Gilwern to carry out bookkeeping work and prepare accounts on a regular basis and always went across that bridge from Glangrywney, but haven't been there since they closed down in the early 1990s.
AAndy

Post by AAndy »

Octaviadriver wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 20:28 I haven't been over that bridge for about 30 years and didn't even notice it was closed! In the 1980s and early 1990s, I went to a driver training centre in Gilwern to carry out bookkeeping work and prepare accounts on a regular basis and always went across that bridge from Glangrywney, but haven't been there since they closed down in the early 1990s.
I doubt its changed a lot, except for the industrial estate road off the lane in Gilwern.

Its worth using once to go over that 'bailey' bridge over the river Usk but its usually more expeditious to use the traffic light bridge at Crickhowell and the A4077.