|From:||Glasgow Road (NS652743)|
|To:||Waterside Road (NS657735)|
|Distance:||0.6 miles (1 km)|
|Met:||A803, B8048, B757|
|Now part of:||A806|
|Route outline (key)|
The A8006 was the original number given to the Kirkintilloch relief road, built in the late 1980s to bypass the old B757 along Cowgate.
The road started to the north of town on the A803 Glasgow Road - this appears to be a northern bypass but the road was in existence on classification in 1922 and so the A803 has always gone this way. The road headed south across the High Street (also once the B757 and severed with the construction of the A8006) and continued on through town. After crossing the Forth & Clyde Canal the road joined the old railway line from Lenzie to Aberfoyle and followed it a short distance to a roundabout where the road ended. The B757 was rerouted to reach this roundabout, whilst the road to the left was the B8048. The A8006 therefore ended on Class II roads.
This page includes a scan of a non-free copyrighted map, and the copyright for it is most likely held by the company or person that produced the map. It is believed that the use of a limited number of web-resolution scans qualifies as fair use under United Kingdom copyright law, where this web page is hosted, as such display does not significantly impede the right of the copyright holder to sell the copyrighted material, is not being used to generate profit in this context, and presents information that cannot be exhibited otherwise.
If the copyright holder considers this is an infringement of their rights, please contact the Site Management Team to discuss further steps