|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||1.2 miles (1.9 km)|
|Now part of:||A902|
|Route outline (key)|
Telford Road in Edinburgh used to have a number all of its own, the A982. The road was opened on 4 January 1929, a wide road segregated from housing (this is no longer true) and cutting the corner between the A90 in Blackhall/Drylaw and the A902 at what is now Crewe Toll.
The "bypassed" section of Ferry Road remained A902 for many years, but suffers from a weak bridge crossing the old railway line to Granton and was downgraded in the 1960s to become the B9085. The A902 was therefore re-routed onto Telford Road to maintain its link to the A90, taking over the entire route of the former A982 in the process. The A982 number was later reused at completely the other end of the A90 in Peterhead.