|Location Map ( geo)|
|To:||Buchanan Street (NS591650)|
|Distance:||0.4 miles (0.6 km)|
|Met (1923):||A77, A8, A805|
|Now part of:||unclassified|
|Route outline (key)|
The B809 was a short link road in Glasgow city centre.
As originally classified, the road started on the then-A8 at the Trongate. It headed north up Glassford Street, used a brief east-west portion of Ingram Street to reach South Frederick Street, then ran across the southern section of George Square (parallel to the also now-declassified A802 George Street) to end on St Vincent Place where it met Buchanan Street (A805 when first allocated, but soon changed to A82).
The roads in this part of Glasgow are much changed and both termini of the B809 now meet no classified roads whatsoever; the A8 having been rerouted to the east to avoid the city centre and the A805 having been taken over by the A82, which road was then truncated to St George's Cross to the northwest. West of the Trongate, Argyle Street is pedestrianised, as is the entirety of Buchanan Street, but the whole of the former B809 is still open to traffic.