|From:||Kersie Mains (NS872908)|
|Length:||1.2 miles (1.9 km)|
|Route outline (key)|
The original B906 crossed the River Forth, via a ferry, to the south of Alloa. The route turned off the A905 at Kersie Mains, and followed Ferry Road north to the Forth at South Alloa. Here, a ferry plied across the river; although it seems doubtful if it carried vehicles even in 1922, it is still marked as a ferry on post-war OS maps. The northern arm of the B906 followed Glasshouse Loan to meet the old route of the A907 at Grange Road / Bedford Place. This saw it pass through Alloa Harbour, now completely over-built as an industrial site.
The B906 still existed in the 1970s, even though the ferry did not, but the road is now quite naturally unclassified throughout.