The B9104 runs from the Moray town of Fochabers north to the coast at Spey Bay, even though there is very little there! The road came to the area when an unclassified road north of Fochabers was upgraded aorund 1930 and has since incorporated the former line of the A96 through the town following the opening of the Fochabers Bypass on the A96.
Starting, therefore, at the east end of Fochabers on the roundabout junction with the A96 and A98, our road runs westwards along Fochabers High Street. This is a pretty town, typical of many 18th- and 19th-century planned villages in the north of Scotland, with stone-built houses lining the streets in a grid-iron pattern, and a large square at the western end. Beyond the square, the road curves through the woods on the riverbank to meet another roundabout with the A96, and so find its original route. Heading north now, the town is already behind us as we run through more woodland and forestry along the banks of the River Spey.
Turning north eastwards, the road now runs through fields, past a cemetery and on towards the old airfield at Dallachy. Before reaching it, however, the road turns north again, running through the odd village of Bogmoor, where all of the houses sit to the west of the road. Just beyond the village, the old Moray Coast railway line is crossed, with the spectacular Spey Viaduct now open as part of NCN1 a short walk to the west. The end of the road is now ahead, and a sharp left-hand turn at the golf course prevents us launching into the sea. A short straight past a dozen or so houses leads us to the end of the road at the car park just beyond the Scottish Dolphin Centre.