Dulverton Bridge, also known as Barle Bridge, carries the B3222 across the River Barle at the 'bottom' of Dulverton town. It was originally built in the medieval period, although it has been repaired and widened several times over the centuries. The first record that the bridge was repaired is from 1624, presumably following flood damage, and again in 1866 and 1953. It had also been widened in 1819 although it is still only just wide enough for vehicles to pass, and doesn't have a pavement. Indeed, Bridge Street becomes noticably narrower as it reaches the bridge, providing a corner for cars to park in, which only really hampers traffic flow.
Consisting of 5 stone arches, the bridge crosses the river on the western fringe of this small Exmoor town. The arches are all the same size, with cutwaters on the upstream side rising to the tops of the arches, with a cornice line running the full length of the tall parapet. On the downstream side, the cutwaters are somewhat smaller in plan, but rise a little higher. The tops of the parapets curve upwards in the centre, following a slight curvature in the road deck.