|From:||Manningtree Station (TM096321)|
|Distance:||1.3 miles (2.1 km)|
|Now part of:||B1352|
|Route outline (key)|
The A1018 was originally assigned to a short link road on the southern Stour estuary in north east Essex. It branched off the A137 Ipswich road at Manningtree station and followed the estuary of the River Stour through the village before ending on the A135 by the Mistley Towers.
In 1935, the A1018 became a spur of the A137, while the A135 was renumbered as an extension of the A604, and so this incarnation of the A1018 bit the dust. Later on, the A604 was rerouted further south, resulting in the older road, including this spur, being downgraded to the B1352, which it remains.