|Location Map ( geo)|
|West Elloe Avenue|
|Distance:||0.6 miles (1 km)|
|Now part of:||A151|
|Route outline (key)|
The A1106 was a 0.6 mile road forming a northern bypass of Spalding town centre.
The A1106 did not exist on classification in 1922. The new Welland bridge opened on 23 January 1928. This and the road section that had been completed on 23 November 1926 was given the number A1106. The road had only aided access from Pinchbeck Road to the sugar beet factory prior to the new bridge. Road cost was £12,352 and bridge cost £30,000.
The road allowed east-west traffic to bypass the town centre and so the road has now become part of the mainline of the A151 itself.
This page contains scans from Ordnance Survey New Popular Edition maps supplied by http://npemap.org.uk and are distributed via the Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial Licence, which can be viewed at http://www.npemap.org.uk/tileLicence.html