|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||9.4 miles (15.1 km)|
|Met (1956):||A158, A16, B1195, A158|
|Former Number(s):||A158, B1372|
|Now part of:||B1195, unclassified|
|Route outline (key)|
The A1115 was a rural A-road in east Lincolnshire.
The road started on the A158 to the north of Winceby. It headed south then east through the hamlet before continuing eastwards via Mavis Enderby and Hundleby to reach the A16 on the western edge of Spilsby, where it became the junior partner in a multiplex.
In the centre of town the A16 turned right at a crossroads whilst the A1115 turned left to regain its number. It then zigzagged northwards and eastwards, passing through Ashby-by-Partney to end back on the A158 to the west of Scremby.
In 1922 the Winceby to Spilsby part of the above route was the mainline of the A158 whilst the Spilsby to Scremby section was unclassified. The latter was soon given the B1372 number and then became the whole of the A1115 around 1930.
In 1946 the A158 was diverted onto its current route to avoid Spilsby and so the A1115 was extended west along its original route (requiring a short multiplex along the A16 in Spilsby) to rejoin it at Winceby.
On 18th January 1988 the A1115 was downgraded. The section west of Spilsby was renumbered as an extension of the B1195, whilst the remainder (the original section) was declassified.