|Length:||10.3 miles (16.6 km)|
|Meets:||A146, B1062, B1124, B1123, A12|
|Former Number(s):||B1124, B1125|
|Old route now:||B1062, B1435|
|Route outline (key)|
The A145 is a short rural A-road in east Suffolk.
It starts at a roundabout on the A146 Beccles bypass. It heads south into town along a link road built at the same time as the bypass. It turns right at a mini-roundabout to reach a set of traffic lights marking the start of a one-way loop. In this direction traffic heads south along Newgate and TOTSOs left at the end onto Blyburgate. This lasts as far as traffic lights where the road TOTSOs right onto Peddars Lane to another set of lights. To the right is the northbound A145 which just runs straight along London Road; ahead is the B1062 (former A145 to Bungay) and the mainline of the road turns left to head out of town.
On the southern edge of town a level crossing is crossed on the Lowestoft to Ipswich railway line. The road continues south on a more-or-less flat road. It goes through Willingham and then reaches Brampton. The road bends sharply to the left going past the village church, after which the B1124 turns off to the right. The road continues on for another couple of miles. Presently it passes through a wood where it meets the B1123. The road ends at a T-junction on the A12 just beyond, on the banks of the Blyth Estuary. Blythburgh itself is to the right.
None of the current A145 held that number on classification in 1922.