|To:||North Ormesby (NZ506200)|
|Distance:||3.7 miles (6 km)|
|Met (1956):||A174, A1085, B1446, B1270, A171|
|Route outline (key)|
The A175 is described in the 1922 Road Lists as Normanby - South Bank - Middlesbrough.
The road started on the original route of the A174 in Normanby. When that road was moved onto The Parkway it was renumbered B1380 but the A175 remained put, giving rise to an unusual instance of an A-road ending on a B-road.
The A175 headed north along Normanby Road into South Bank. There it turned left (there are now traffic lights here) onto Middlesbrough Road, which became South Bank Road taking traffic to North Ormesby. As Borough Road, the A175 ended on the A171 West Terrace, at a junction that still exists but has been altered beyond recognition. The A171 then took traffic into the centre of Middlesbrough.
The A175 was downgraded as part of the reconstruction of the Teesside road network in the 1970s/1980s. The entire road is now unclassified. The section from South Bank to North Ormesby has now been bypassed by an extended A66, making the road redundant.