|Spur Road, Orpington|
|From: ||Orpington (TQ459659)|
|To: ||Orpington Bypass (TQ468657)|
|Length: ||0.5 miles (0.8 km)|
|Met: || A223, A224|
|Now part of: ||A232|
|Route outline (key)|
|This article is about the original A2012 in Orpington.
For other roads numbered A2012, see A2012
The A2012 was created at the same time as the A224 Orpington Bypass opened in 1928, to provide a link between the A223 in the centre of town and the bypass itself. It was the first A20xx number created after the original 1922 classification.
In the 1930s (probably 1935 Road numbering revision), it was upgraded as an extension of the A232, which also took on the B2187 to the west. The road is however still marked on the first edition of the Ordnance Survey's 1:25k mapping - but then the Leatherhead variant of the A2012 is as well.