The A2027 is a short section of road in east Sussex with a complicated history, numerically speaking!
The road started on the A271 to the east of Boreham Street. It climbed to the northeast and skirted the southern edge of Ashburnham Park. After running through Steven's Crouch it ended on the A269.
The road started life in 1922 as the B2097, before being upgraded to A2027 on 1st April, 1933. By the 1980s, it had been downgraded again to become the B2204 before being upgraded once more in the 1990s, this time to become the mainline of the A271, with the B2204 number moving to the former A269 between Lower Street and Beechdown Wood.