The A2201 was a short section of road which linked the A200 and A101Rotherhithe Tunnel entrance road with the B205 at the entrance to the Surrey Commercial Docks.
The majority of the former A2201 follows Brunel Road, named after Marc Brunel and his more famous son Isambard Kingdom Brunel who completed the Thames Tunnel in 1849 after 18 years of work. The Thames Tunnel was listed in 1995 before major refurbishment works were carried out and is used by the East London Line, accessible from Rotherhithe station half way along the road. An interesting museum, housed in the former engine house used for the construction of the tunnel is located nearby and is open most weekends throughout the year.
The end on the A2201 was on Rotherhithe Street, where the road crossed the lifting bridge at the dock entrance and morphed into the B205. That bridge is now closed to traffic and the B205 runs further inland; it has also taken over the route of the A2201.