This article is about the original A268, a short link between the A265 and A267.
For the current A268 from Rye to Flimwell, see A268
The western end of the former A268 (now B2102
The A268 is grandiosely described in the 1922 Road Lists as Isenhurst - Possingworth. In reality, both places named are buildings rather than villages and the role of the short road was simply to cut off the northwest corner between the A267 and A265 near Cross in Hand.
In the 1935 Road numbering revision, many short link roads such as the A268 lost their status as roads in their own right and became a spur of a longer road, in this case the A267. In more recent years, the A265 has been downgraded west of the A267 and so the ex-A268 has been taken with it. It is now a spur of the B2102.