|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||3.4 miles (5.5 km)|
|Met (1923):||A23, A2010, B2121, B2122, B2123, B2124, B2125, A259|
|Now part of:||B2066, B2194|
|Route outline (key)|
The road started on the A23 Old Steine and ran westward along North Street, Western Road and Church Road, meeting several consecutively numbered Class II roads in the process. At the far end of New Church Road it turned left into Station Road to end on the A259 Kingsway. Station Road was later taken over as part of the A293.
The road survived until the 1970s when the entire road was downgraded, becoming the B2066 and the B2194 in the case of Station Road. Although the entire ex-A277 is still classified, parts in Brighton town centre now have restricted access and the road can no longer be used as a through route.