This article is about the original A3036 between South Petherton and Stonehenge.
For the current A3036, a road in London between Waterloo and Wandsworth, see A3036
Stonehenge, seen from the A303
In the original 1922 listing, the A3036 was a short road in Somerset, between the A358 near South Petherton and the A37 in Ilchester. At some stage between 1927 and 1932, the route was extended over the whole of the original B3090 via to Wincanton and Wylye to end on the A344 by Stonehenge.
The whole road, together with extensions at both ends, was renumbered to become the A303 on 1 April 1933, with the original A303 taking the vacated A3036 number.