|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||1.7 miles (2.7 km)|
|Met:||A30, B3315, A30, B3317|
|Former Number(s):||B3314, B3316|
|Now part of:||B3315|
|Route outline (key)|
Starting on the A30 Alverton Road to the west of Penzance town centre, the road headed south along Alexandra Road to reach the sea front. It turned right and followed the coast for about half a mile to reach the near side of Newlyn. Immediately after crossing the narrow Newlyn Coombe River it turned right to head back inland along The Coombe, to end back on the A30 at Trereife.
When originally classified in 1922, the Penzance to Newlyn section of the above was numbered B3314, whilst the link back to Trereife was the southern half of the B3316. All this became the A3077 in the late 1920s.
This situation presumably lasted until the construction of the A30 Penzance bypass declassified Alverton Road, taking the A3077 with it. That part of the road which was the B3314 was declassified whilst the B3315, which the A3077 had met in Newlyn, was extended along the remainder of the A3077 so that now met the A30.