|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Parliament Street (SJ356892)|
|To:||The Strand (SJ340902)|
|Via:||Myrtle Street, James Street|
|Distance:||0.7 miles (1.1 km)|
|Meets:||A562, B5175, A5038, A5036|
|Route outline (key)|
The A5039 is the number given to a former through route in Liverpool city centre. The central section is now unclassified but the road still exists to either side.
It starts on the A562 Parliament Street to the east of the Anglican cathedral. It heads north along Catharine Street before turning west along Myrtle Street, passing the Philharmonic Hall. This section of the A5039 then ends on the A5038 Renshaw Street.
In 1922, the central section (Bold Street and Lord Street) was also numbered A5039 but this has now been downgraded and pedestrianised. Large scale OS maps suggest that Victoria Street was allocated the A5039 number later on but this is now also unclassified, leaving the A5039 with a hole in the middle.