|Location Map ( geo)|
|The A5044 is the road running immediately north of Central Station|
|From:||Church Street (SJ347902)|
|To:||Lime Street (SJ349903)|
|Distance:||0.1 miles (0.2 km)|
|Now part of:||B5339|
|Route outline (key)|
The 1922 Road Lists claim the A5044 to be Liverpool (Ranelagh Place). This seems unlikely as it would be an island in the middle of the A5038 and therefore the list could well be a misprint for Ranelagh Street, which is indeed what is labelled with the number on the mid 1960s 1:2500 OS Map.
It is assumed, therefore, that the road started on the A5039 Church Street and ran along Ranelagh Street, along the north side of Central Station, before ending at the end of the road on the A5038 Lime Street.
Ranelagh Street is now mostly part of the B5339. However, the section east of Great Charlotte Street continues to have A-road status as part of a one-way system. According to the OS, this section is still part of the A5044, as is Great Charlotte Street, although this is far more likely to be the A5038.